In 2008, Wendy Day started an incubator system for folks who wanted to start their own record labels but who didn’t have the ideal funding in place to do so. As the recession hit in 2008, it affected the music business as harshly as other industries, if not more so.
IndeLabelBuilder is for the folks who have the entrepreneurial spirit and enough of a budget to make a go of it, but need a coaching and nurturing environment to teach them and help them succeed.
Reasons To Be Part of An Indie Label Incubator:
1. Maximize the money you spend to market and promote CDs, without wasting money or giving it to unscrupulous people who can’t or won’t get the job done
2. To ensure success for your company and artists by tapping into the success and track records of experienced professionals
3. Join a nurturing environment surrounded by like-minded people building success through unity, knowledge, and hands-on experience
4. Tighten the learning curve so you don’t have to learn by failing or through trial and error. Tap into more than 15 years experience of success in the music industry
5. Be part of something bigger and more reliable while developing your artists and projects
6. Be as successful as possible in a difficult industry, economy, and environment
7. Learn hands on, how to do it correctly and successfully
Wendy Day has been building and consulting successful independent record labels since 1992. While all of them have made money selling music, many have gone on to become the most successful labels in the music industry. Wendy has also played a role in the careers of some of the most successful artists: Eminem, Twista, David Banner, BG, Juvenile, Lil Wayne, Master P, Mia X, C-Murder, Fiend, Do Or Die, Webbie, BloodRaw, Cash Money Records, No Limit Records, Creator’s Way Associated Labels (Twista, Do Or Die), Twista’s Legit Ballin’ Records, Young Jeezy’s CTE Records, TMI Boyz’ TMI Muzic, WonderBoy Records, etc.
Changes in the economy of the music business have changed the way we do business today. It costs just as much to properly market and promote a record, but budgets and sales have declined. Also, a hostile contractual environment for artists at major labels (the invention of the ridiculous “360 Deal”) has made selling music independently more attractive and easier than ever!! With the sharks that exist within the music business, it is important to have someone legitimate, with a proven track record of success, to help you navigate the treacherous waters. Wendy Day and her team are those folks who can help you succeed in this industry!
Indie Label Builder doesn’t feed you, we teach you how to fish so you can feed yourselves!